Day 6 - Vaya con dios Kip! Laredo to Aransas Pass via Brownsville and S. Padre Island

Today was a moving day, a little over 420 miles. My riding partner Kip departed this morning for Houston. I continued South then North up the Gulf Coast. I'd never been to Brownsville so I decided that Brownsville and S. Padre were part of my itinerary. Brownsville was a big border town, lots of transshipping and lots of hustle and bustle. S. Padre was a typical Beach Town on a gray somewhat wintery day. Komrade Kluck was less than impressed and said "Let's get the hell out of here" so we did. I made a great choice for lunch. I usually rely on Trip Advisor but in this case, I relied on "Cars in the Parking Lot", lunch at Alicia's Su Cocina, Penitas TX. Great Food, Great Service! Coffee, Scrambled Eggs with crumbled chorizo, a pork chop, some Mexican potatoes, Tortillas and Beans - my only meal of the day and less than $10! But, the real highlight of my day was receiving this photo of my new Grandson born this afternoon in Minneapolis. He's a keeper at 9# plus! Little Bugger already has more hair than I do! Mother and baby are doing fine.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Ramble - Days One through Three - Spearfish to Terlingua TX

Day 15 -It's a wrap! And a little Recap of my 2019 March Ramble